Dads are awesome. They’re there to lend a hand or offer an answer, even when you're just looking for a different answer than the one mom gave you when you asked to go to that party. And Father's Day is the one day of the year when we get to recognize their awesomeness.
Every year, I get the same gift for my dad on Father’s Day. And as much as I know he appreciates (consuming) it, the gift has become a little predictable over the years.
But this year is going to be different. This year, I shall arrange a gift so spectacular that he weeps with joy, or at least gives me a hug and says thank you. The best part? This gift, and many others, are available right here at YVR.
- Looking for that special bottle of scotch your dad loves or a fun summer beer you can use to toast the special day? West Coast Liquor on Level 1 Domestic Terminal Building has got you covered.
- PGA Tour Store - Does Pops live to putt? All your PGA merchandise is here, and they usually have a big sale around Father's Day. Find it right beside the International Food Court on Level 3.
- One of my go-to gifts is a good book. Books make great gifts because they are heavy and come in an easily wrappable shape. (Unlike that ashtray you made for him in third grade, even though he doesn't smoke.) Virgin Books & Music on Level 3 of the Domestic terminal has a huge selection of good reads.
- Just down the concourse from Virgin is the iStore, for all of those tech-savvy dads out there. Pick up a pair of top-of-the-line headphones, which will make even his old-timey music sound great.
- This last gift idea is what I have in mind for my dad. The Fairmont Vancouver Airport has teamed with YVR to offer a truly unique Father's Day experience. On June 15th, you can enjoy a special lunch menu at the hotel, followed by an airside tour of YVR. After a delicious meal, you’ll head out onto the airfield for an up-close perspective on aircraft. Seeing our busy working airport from a taxiway offers a pretty unique perspective. If dad is an aviation enthusiast, loves to travel or just likes to try new things, call 604.207.5200 before spots run out on this once-in-a-lifetime offer.