A tribute lunch was held today at the Vancouver Convention Centre by the Vancouver Board of Trade to honour our CEO, Mr. Larry Berg, who announced his retirement last year and will be stepping down at some point in 2013.
His speech highlighted some awesome stats and figures that reflect just how much has happened in his time here as Chief Executive Officer, and happen to be perfect for our Fun Fact Friday.
Since Larry Berg became CEO 15 years ago there have been:
• 4.1 million takeoffs and landings, handling
• 244 million passenger trips -- that includes
• 275 million pieces of luggage -- 66 million meeters and greeters
• 3.4 million tonnes of cargo
• 6.7 million Starbucks coffees served
• 9 million Tim Hortons timbits consumed
Some truly eye-popping numbers there.
And one last stat: More than 600 of the city's most influential business minds packed a room today to pay tribute to a man who has been at the helm for not just a significant amount of Timbit consumption, but some truly incredible changes that have transofrmed the airport and by extension the surrounding area in to the vibrant, healthy community you see today.