Summer has landed at YVR, and with it a busy travel season. Herewith, some tips for tackling the journey like a pro.
- Confirm flight details with your airline ahead of time, and check the status of your flight online before you leave the house.
- Book with jetSet Parking online for the best available on-airport parking rates. A 24-hour, five-minute shuttle ride conveys travellers to and from the terminals.
- Arrive at least two hours before an international flight, 90 minutes before a U.S. flight and 60 minutes for domestic travel. The wait won’t be long once you’re updating your holiday status with YVR’s free WiFi.
- Whether you’re printing your own boarding pass at a check-in kiosk or using YVR’s BorderXpress Automated Passport Control kiosks to speed up U.S. border clearance, embrace the kiosk technology available at YVR to simplify your journey.
- CATSA’s pre-board screening is going to be busy. Do your part to keep lines moving:
- Pack your laptop in a separate compartment for easy removal.
- Store your 1-litre plastic bag containing all liquids, gels and aerosols (100 ml or less!) in the top of your bag for easy access
- Wear easy-to-remove shoes, outerwear and accessories, and take them off before you reach the screener.
- Follow CATSA on Twitter and Pinterest for more pre-board screening tips.
- Pack a snack for the flight; YVR’s restaurants offer a range of affordable and portable options through our Carry-On Food program.
- Forget your toothbrush or earplugs? Stop by YVR’s Pharmasave, before security on Level 1 of the Domestic Terminal, to pick up last-minute travel essentials.
- Follow us on Twitter for latest information, specials and events happening around the airport while you’re waiting for your flight to depart.