Noise Information Seminar
Are you interested in how noise is managed at Vancouver International Airport? If so, please join YVR Noise Management staff at one of the following information seminars (dates are tentative):
- Saturday 22 June 2013, 10am- noon
- Saturday 21 September 2013, 10am- noon
The seminars will include:
- A brief presentation on noise management practices at YVR.
- An interactive demonstration of the Aircraft Noise & Operations Monitoring System (ANOMS). This system receives noise data from 20 fixed noise monitoring terminals located in the community as well as radar flight track information. This allows YVR Noise Management staff to measure the contribution of aircraft noise in the community and to track aircraft operations for compliance with procedures.
- A bus tour of the airfield. The airfield tour will provide a unique opportunity to view aircraft operations at a busy international airport. Please note that this tour is weather dependent and may be cancelled during adverse weather conditions.
Registration, no later than one week prior to the seminar date, is required as space is limited. Also, valid government issued photo identification is a requisite to participate in the airfield tour.
For more information on the seminars, including how to register, please contact YVR Noise Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.