Russ Baker Way Repaving - August 30 Project Update
August 30, 2013
Thanks for your ongoing patience as Vancouver Airport Authority continues to repave Russ Baker Way. Recent rain has meant some delays to aspects of the project this week, but with better weather forecasted for the coming days, crews are still aiming for a completion date of second week of September.
Upcoming Activity (WEATHER DEPENDENT)
Over the coming week, two evening detours will be required to allow intersection paving:
- On the evening of Monday, September 2 beginning at 8 p.m. and ending on Tuesday September 3 at 6a.m., paving work will require traffic detours for Vancouver-bound drivers using the Bridgeport Road Bridge exchange onto Russ Baker Way. During this time, flag crew and temporary signs will direct drivers to a nearby alternate route.
- On the evening of Thursday, September 5 beginning at approximately 10 p.m. and ending on Friday, September 6 at approximately 2 a.m., paving at the intersection of Gilbert Road and Russ Baker Way will require the closure of the Dinsmore Bridge. Gilbert Road from Lansdowne to Russ Baker Way will also be closed to all traffic. Drivers will be redirected to use the No.2 Rd Bridge via Westminster Highway. Flag crews will staff the Gilbert Road/Lansdowne intersection to answer questions and direct drivers accordingly. A message board will also be set up at Westminster Hwy and Gilbert Road to advise drivers of the Dinsmore Bridge closure.
- Work will be performed during the day and night, but traffic lanes will remain open at all times, as follows:
- Two lanes will operate in each direction during the day (6 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- One lane will operate in each direction at night (8 p.m. – 6 a.m.)
- To ensure your safety and the safety of paving crews, please observe posted speed limits and be sure to maintain your distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Please remember to leave extra time if using Russ Baker Way to get to and from your destination. Check the City of Richmond’s traffic cameras for real-time reports before you go.
Driving Detour Map
Driving Detour Instructions
Russ Baker Way Cycling Detour_MAP
If you have questions or comments about the project, please contact YVR Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.276.6772.