Keeping a Competitive Edge
Vancouver Airport Authority is developing a luxury designer outlet centre on Vancouver International Airport (YVR) land in partnership with London-based developer McArthurGlen Group, Europe’s leading owner, developer and manager of designer outlets.
The McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Vancouver Airport will feature European and North American luxury, designer and lifestyle brands. Phase One of the designer outlet centre is scheduled to open with 100 stores in spring 2015.
Highlights of the outlet
• Increase the region’s destination appeal for visitors and travellers
• Creation of an estimated 1000 jobs
• Options for shoppers to help keep local dollars within the community
• Public and entertainment spaces
• Environmental compatibility with the local area and installation of foot and cycling paths that fit into existing regional trail networks